The diet industry has drilled into our heads that there are certain things we have to do to be lean, strong, and healthy:
- Stop eating our favorite foods
- Start punishing ourselves in the gym
- Make sure that we don’t eat more than some online calculator told us to
- Stop going out and enjoying ourselves with our friends and family
- Make a list of “good” and “bad” foods and beat ourselves up when we don’t stick to our plan
I’d be lying to you if I didn’t say that these measures work…at least in the short term. However, the end result of this kind of “dieting” is nearly always one (or more) of the following outcomes:
- You end up hungry, tired, irritable, and your life is ruled by food and exercise
- You fall into a cycle of deprivation and uncontrollable eating
- Your progress stalls no matter how much you exercise and how little you eat
- You quit trying all together because chasing the number on the scale just isn’t worth the sacrifices we’ve been making to see it move
How do I know this? Because I’ve tried just about every “diet” out there and made just about every mistake there is to make.
Here is truth:
- You don’t need to continuously eat less
- You don’t need to “earn” or “burn” your food with exercise
- You don’t need to blindly follow a bunch of arbitrary “food rules”
- You don’t need to choose between being
- Overweight, out of shape, and unhealthy
- Obsessed with every bite you take and exercise session you schedule
These are short term strategies that run completely counter to how we’re wired physically, mentally, and emotionally. The problem is that this approach – which we’ll call “the diet mentality” – requires discipline, willpower, and motivation, which we all know eventually run out.
You and I both know this approach doesn’t work in the long run and totally sucks on the rare occasion that it does.
There’s a better way, a “habits-based” way.
Allow me to ask you a few questions –
- Do you have to try really hard to remember to brush your teeth?
- Do you fight a deep internal battle every time you need to take a shower?
- Do you have to expend all of your willpower every time you tie your shoe?
No, because these are all small actions that you’ve learned and practiced over and over again.
We can do the same thing when it comes to the habits required to lose a little weight, build a little lean muscle (I’m not talking bodybuilding here), and get a little healthier.
No. We do these things automatically and we can apply the same idea to our nutrition, fitness, and health efforts. This approach allow for a steady, consistent transformation.
Rather than arbitrarily eating less and inevitable going off the rails, success comes from developing sustainable healthy eating habits that we can adhere to consistently for the long run.
Rather than making a list of “good” or “bad” foods, success comes from finding out what foods work best for us, and focusing on saying, “yes”, to these instead saying, “no”, to others.
Rather than chasing calories on the treadmill or in a bootcamp, success comes from training to develop a lean, strong body that moves, looks, and feels freaking awesome.
If you’re ready for this kind of success, I’m your man.
Working together, you’ll finally say goodbye to the deprivation, overwhelm, frustration, and defeat that comes with following some crash- or fad-diet.
I’ll be coaching you using a method perfected by an organization named “Precision Nutrition” to build sustainable habits you’ll be fully capable of maintaining long after we’re finished.
This step-by-step approach, which has already helped tens of thousands of clients, is the most effect approach for achieving:
- Clarity as to what you need to do to achieve your fat loss, fitness, and health goals.
- Peace of mind in that you’ll no longer stress about food or exercise
- Confidence in your ability to continue to live a lean, fit, and healthy life.
Since you’ll be working with a Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified Coach (yours truly), you’ll also have full access to Precision Nutrition’s ProCoach system:
Here are the nuts and bolts of how we’ll work together:
- We’ll start with an initial one-on-one strategy session to discuss your current situation and determine exactly how to get you to your goals.
- You’ll receive daily habits, lessons, and assignments covering nutrition, sleep, stress management, and mindset, designed specifically for long-term fat loss, fitness, and general health.
- Every two weeks we’ll record your body weight and measurements to quantify your progress.
- Every four weeks we’ll take progress pictures so that you can see your transformation first hand.
- I’ll be in your corner the entire time to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide the support, motivation, and accountability you’ll need to ensure your success.
There is no better time than now to take control of your health and to start living your life to the fullest.
Email me to schedule a free 30-minute strategy session to discuss your situation and identify what steps we’ll take for you to finally achieve your specific fat loss, fitness, and health goals.